How to Ace an Essay in 8th Grade Necessary Steps
Essay writing expectations in middle school are set higher because teachers want to prepare their students for high school. A student is expected to have fully mastered a five paragraph essay structure with the introduction, body part and the conclusion. Spelling, grammar, punctuation or capitalization errors are not tolerated. Their sentence structure should be varied and their paragraphs are organized logically and in line with the thesis statement. In order to write an essay, students should be able to tap into prior knowledge.
The best essays in 8th grade are not only well-written but also well-researched. A student is required to use academic databases, magazines, academic journal and the Internet. In 8th grade, teachers do not tolerate unreliable sources such as Wikipedia and a student is expected to avoid them and use only reliable and relevant sources. A student is asked to give credit to the original author and plagiarism is strictly forbidden.
The introduction should contain an essay hook in order to grab reader’s attention. That hook could be anything: quotes, anecdotes, rhetorical questions and interesting facts. A thesis statement is its most important part because it states the main idea of the essay. It should be specific, confident and not too broad because other essay parts will need to offer evidence supporting it.
The body part of the essay is where a lot of students feel compelled to get some essay help. The structure needs to be focused on the thesis statement. Each paragraph should contain strong evidence supporting the main idea and topic sentences. Students are expected to use transition words and other devices to establish a connection between their ideas. Everything needs to be clear and explained in advance, leaving a reader with no questions. That is why it is advisable to create an outline and decide on the structure before writing the final draft.
The conclusion wraps up the whole paper. It states the thesis statement again but does not use the same words. Basically, it sums up what the essay is about and reiterates writer’s position in relation to the topic, explaining how it has been formulated.
Unable to keep up with more demanding writing expectations in 8th grade, many students decide to entrust their essays to essays services. But a good essay service is hard to find. There are some scammers out there. That is why it is important to check essay services reviews and pick the best one.
Some essay topics for grade 8:
- What would you like to accomplish in the future
- Which world leaders do you admire most and why
- What makes a successful person
- If you could be born again, what would you change?
- Why is it important to achieve gender equality
- Why should we learn to respect other cultures
- How to improve student achievement
- Are professional athletes overpaid
- What would you do to change the world
- Are we becoming too dependent on technology
- What does it mean to live in harmony with nature
- How can we stop the wars
- A letter to my 8-year old self
- A man can be destroyed but not defeated
- Which travel destination would you like to visit
- What will the world be like in 50 years
- Why do people start taking drugs
- Ask not what your country can do for you- ask what you can do for your country. Do you agree. Explain?
- Is money the most important
- Why we should not judge a book by its cover